- Enter IOS commands on the device to verify network operation and answer the multiple questions.
- THIS TASK DOES NOT REQUIRE REVICE CINFIGURATION.
- Click the device icon to gain access to the console device. No console or enable passwords are required.
- To access the multiple choice questions, click the numbered boxes on the left of the top panel.
- there are four multiple-choice questions with this task. Be sure to answer all four questions before clicking Next.
Users in the main office complain that they are unable to reach Internet sites. You observe that Internet traffic that is destined towards ISP router is not forwarded correctly on Router R1. What could be an issue?
Plug to the Internet server shows the following results from R1:
R1#ping 220.127.116.11 -
Type escape sequence to abort.
Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 18.104.22.168, time out is 2 seconds.
Success rate is 0 percent (0/5)
Click on the arrows to vote for the correct answerA. B. C. D.
When all the users cannot reach internet sites we should check on the router connecting to the ISP to see if it has a default route pointing to the ISP or not. Use the "show ip route" command on R1:
We cannot find a default route on R1 (something like this: S* 0.0.0.0/0 [1/0] via 22.214.171.124) so maybe R1 was not configured with a default route. We can check with the "show running-config" on R1:
We need a configure a default route ( "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 126.96.36.199") but we cannot find here so we can conclude R1 was not be configured with a default route pointing to the ISP router.